From SKYbrary Wiki
An serious injury is defined as:
An injury which is sustained by a person in an Accident and which:
- a) requires hospitalization for more than 48 hours, commencing within seven days from the date the injury was received; or
- b) results in a fracture of any bone (except simple fractures of fingers, toes or nose); or
- c) involves lacerations which cause severe haemorrhage, nerve, muscle or tendon damage; or
- d) involves injury to any internal organ; or
- e) involves second or third degree burns, or any burns affecting more than 5 per cent of the body surface; or
- f) involves verified exposure to infectious substances or injurious radiation.
(ICAO Annex 13: Aircraft Accident and Incident Investigation)
- ICAO Annex 13, Aircraft Accident and Incident Investigation.
- ICAO Doc 9156, Accident/Incident Reporting Manual.